Official Order of Appearance for the|
Southern Division Convention (#78)
Pre-purchase your contest video!
|Hilton Alexandria Mark Center 5000 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA, 22311|
May 18-20, 2018
This is an un-ordered list of competitors. Contest Drawing is still pending.
This is not the final singing order.
Some groups register hardships, restricting them to a specific session.
Quartet Semi-Finals, Friday Afternoon/Evening
Chorus Contest, Saturday Morning
This is a Combined Divison Convention with Central Division
Youth Reclamation Project (Sr)
One Night Only
Vintage Mix (Sr)
Sho'N Off (Sr)
Always Sunny (Nov)
The Philly Special
Men Over Chord
Fade To Black
Even Money (Sr)
Voices In My Head
Outrageous Fourtunes (Sr)
Silver Alert (Sr)
Tags to Pitches
THE SCHOOL BOARD (Sr)
Tongue in Cheek
Capital City Close Harmony Club
Default Quartet Name
** 32 Contestants **
|MC: Gimme Four
MT: Mt. Vernon, VA
Cherry Hill, NJ
Patapsco Valley, MD
Anne Arundel, MD
Queen Annes County, MD
Harford County, MD
District of Columbia, DC
Loudoun County, VA
** 19 Contestants **
|Central Div 2nd Place Chorus
Southern Div 2nd Place Chorus
Central Div 2nd Place Quartet
Southern Div 2nd Place Quartet
Central Div 1st Place Chorus
Southern Div 1st Place Chorus
Central Div 1st Place Quartet
Southern Div 1st Place Quartet
** 8 Contestants **
Show General Information for this Convention
List All Conventions
Show the Judging Panel
|Notes for Competitors:|
WARNING!!! Depending on the number of quartet entries (could be upwards of 30 to 40) the quartet session on Friday may start as early as 2PM! Make your plans accordingly! We will not know for sure until after entry closes on April 17!
1. Please note that ALL competitors must be in possession of an all-events convention registration in order to be eligible to compete. This applies to each quartet member and each chorus member. We will be checking convention registrations (wristbands), so please be prepared to show your wristband when you enter the backstage area. Registrations can be purchased on-line.
2. Pre-contest stage time for Friday quartets will depend on when the contest starts. If the competitors remain at about 20, we will attempt to provide the usual 3 minutes per quartet from 1:30 - 3:00 PM based on order of arrival. Stage tests will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to the honor system. In other words, the be nice rule is in effect. Once it appears that there are no more quartets interested in testing the stage the pre-contest stage time will end. !! Depending on the number of competitors pre-contest stage time may be reduced or cancelled!! This will be determined at least 3 weeks prior to the convention.
3. QUARTETS: If your quartet is interested in an evaluation session Friday following the quartet semi-finals contest session or on Saturday night for the finalist quartets, please confirm that information with the C&J VP when he contacts you. You may select to participate in the post-contest evaluation process when you enter the contest via the Barberscore program. If you do not specifically request to participate in the evaluation process you WILL NOT be included in the evaluation schedule. If you confirm that you want to participate in the post-contest evaluations and you fail to attend the evaluations, you will be charged $20, payable to the MAD Youth Outreach program.
4. THERE WILL BE NO CHORUS TEST THE STAGE TIME on Saturday morning, prior to the official start of the chorus contest. Choruses desiring to put up risers in their assigned warm-up room should make such arrangements through VP Events, Walter Griffith, so that he can make arrangements with the Convention Center.
5. There is no deposit required for chorus evaluations (coaching sessions); however, if your chorus is NOT planning to attend the chorus evaluations, please let Contest and Judging VP (Gary Plaag) know that prior to the contest so that we don't schedule your chorus for one.
6. Check the 'grid' posted on the MAD convention webpage for the latest, most up-to-date competitor schedule.
7. Video and audio recordings can be purchased via the MAD website. Video and audio recordings will be posted on the MAD website when they are available.